The slingshot whirls

 



English Translation of an Urdu poem of Aatif Malik

The actual Urdu poem can be read at following link:
http://aatifmalikk.blogspot.com/2018/05/blog-post_14.html


The slingshot whirls

By Aatif Malik

The wheelchair gets bogged down in the ground

Like the soul restrained by the body’s frame

Like a prisoner caged behind the bars

It’s me


But my spirit is free

Like the slingshot ---- that whirls

That whirls raising itself over the head

Free, free like air ---- unrestrained, unbridled, limitless

It’s me


I will not flee

My legs are already freed from my body

I will not flee

I will fight

I will fight till I will be free

It’s me


Whether I live or not,

The time will change,

You will bury me,

But my spirit will wander,

wander here,

among the destroyed Olive trees,

among the bombed houses,

among the burnt fields,

My spirit will wander here,

Like the slingshot ---- that whirls

twirling over the head

Free, free like air ----unrestrained, unbridled, limitless

It would be me.


Copyright © All Rights Reserved :
No portion of this writing may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author. For permissions contact:

aatif.malikk@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

اشبیلیہ اندلس کا سفر ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔ ایک تصویری بلاگ

کرٹن یونیورسٹی میں طالب علموں کی احتجاجی خیمہ بستی کا منظر

رزان اشرف النجار -------------زرد پھولوں میں ایک پرندہ